Sorry for triple-posting : I seem to have a problem w/ my mail client.

Hi,

Is there a way, documented or not, to extract the intercept term (the alpha_0
the MASS book) from a ppr() (Projection Persuit Regression) fit?

Thanks,
Vadim

## Example:
n <- 1000

data <- data.frame(x= rnorm (n), y= rnorm (n))

a <- 10
data$z <- evalq(a + atan (x + y) + rnorm (n), data)

data.ppr <- ppr(z ~ x + y, data=data, nterms =1)

## how to extract a = 10 from data.ppr?