Dear Friends.
Greetings!

This should be a very common operation and I believe there should be a nice
way in R to handle it.  I couldn't find it in the manual or by searching on
line. I am wondering if I could ask for some help in this community.

I am trying to record the results of my program to a csv file in the hard
drive so as to save memory space and also to read the results in excel after
running the program.  Every loop of my program will result in a list with
element belonging to different class. For example, things like

a1 <- list(name="Fred", wife="Mary", no.children=3)
a2 <- list(name="Tom", wife="Joy", no.children=9)
a3 <- list(name="Paul", wife="Alic", no.children=5)

I want the columns to have titles, in the example above, I want to see the
title "name", "wife" and "no.children" in the excel file.

To set up the table in the csv file, I need to add at least one row in the
table up front. How ever, I do not have the first loop of the program
completed yet at that time. If I add a row that is meaningless, how may I
delete it after all the loops are completed and all the meaningful rows are
added to the table?

Best Wishes

Yuchen Luo