On Tue, 3 Jul 2007, Selene Zárate wrote:

I am using the stepAIC function on the MASS package that does model
selection by exact AIC. I'm not sure what the term 'exact AIC' means,
and how it differs from  AIC.

It doesn't, but there are approximations to AIC in use. This is explained in the book stepAIC supports (one is C_p, for example).

--
Brian D. Ripley,                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]