S is an array 1-dimensional, for example 1 X 10, and mean(S) is the mean of
these 10 elements.

So, I want to do:

minimize mean(S) with 0 < b_func(S) < 800.
That is, there are some boundaries on S according the b_funct

The function apply an iterative convergent criterion:

f_1=g(S), f_2=g(f_1), f_3=g(f_2), ecc....
The function stops when
f_n - f_n-1 <=0.1e-09
and g(S) is a non-linear function of S and the convergence is mathematically
assured.

Is it possible to use  'optimize'?

thanks

domenico