Trying out an unfamiliar package, the natural thing is to use the examples
given in the package's manual - hopefully, the writers of the package
wouldn't include examples which didn't work!

Recently, though, I've been getting 'unexpected$undefined' error messages
when doing this, despite having copy/pasted the text from the manual (taking
out hard breaks on the way).

Moreover, I've had error messages for commands which I've previously had
work fine.

For instance, this from Zelig

z.out <­ zelig(vote ~ race + educate, model = "logit", data = turnout)

has at different times worked fine and thrown up the error message.

Any help gratefully received.