First, I should admit that I didn't do a lot of searching beforehand, I'm
just cutting to the chase to ask the experts:

I'm currently running MySQL 5 queries with PHP 5.2.3 and returning results
to the end-user in web-page tables of ca. 50 rows by 5 columns. I'd like to
(more or less) simultaneously return to the browser a couple of "canned"
charts and graphs based on the data. Nothing fancy, two pie charts and two
simple bar-charts to start. I need to generate these on-the-fly, based on
the results of the MySQL query, and display them in the web-page, beside the
table data.

What's the best reference, if there is one,  for PHP, MySQL, R integration?