Dear R community,

I am using R version 2.4.1 GUI 1.18 on an iBook G4 with OS 10.4.10.
When I try to load package 'gplots' I get the following message:

 > library(gplots)

Attaching package: 'gdata'

        The following object(s) are masked _by_ .GlobalEnv :

         reorder.factor

Attaching package: 'gtools'

        The following object(s) are masked from package:car :

         logit

Error in `parent.env<-`(`*tmp*`, value = NULL) :
        use of NULL environment is defunct
Error: package/namespace load failed for 'gplots'

'gplots' is not loaded. I have downloaded 'gplots' version 2.3.2
several times with no apparent problems:

trying URL 'http://www.biometrics.mtu.edu/CRAN/bin/macosx/universal/
contrib/2.4/gplots_2.3.2.tgz'
Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 317388 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 309Kb

The downloaded packages are in
        /tmp/RtmpbvGZnQ/downloaded_packages

I am confused by this because I successfully used 'gplots' about a
year ago with no problem on the same machine. The only differences I
can think of since then is that I have upgraded to a newer version of
R as well as upgraded from Mac OS 10.3 to 10.4.

Any suggestions are very welcome. I really want to use barplot2()
with some data I just worked up.

Erin

Erin Berryman
Graduate Student