On Mon, 27 Nov 2006, CARMEN RODRIGUEZ wrote:

> Does anyone know how tu run a mixed GWR in R?

If by mixed GWR you mean a model where some of the coefficients are held
fixed at the global level, and others vary locally, this is equivalent to
fitting a global model first and fitting the local model to the residuals,
but watch out for the intercept! This omits the possible covariance
between the global and local subsets, treating the global as a known
offset, so if you like, you can do steps 1-5 of pp. 67-8 in the GWR book
by hand and see if there is a big difference.  In any case, GWR is not an
explanatory model, as I expect you are aware.

Roger

> Thank you

Roger Bivand
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]