Hi All,

I'm fitting variograms in GSTAT with fit.variogram and I was surprised to find that all my fits were singular. I experimented with converting the data to unprojected data (decimal degrees) and with dividing my X and Y coordinates, which are in meters, by 1000 (to get KM). In both cases the fitting procedure worked with no singularity. Based on the numbers of pairs the bins appeared to be about the same so it appears to be a matter of the coordinates themselves.

I'd prefer not to have to convert the coordinates back and forth between meters and KM, any suggestions?

Zev