On Thu, 5 Aug 2010, Laetitia Blanc wrote:

Thank you for your answer...so quick.

i needed to clip my map because i have realised a  Kernel Density Estimation
for successive years.

I have then animated this KDE. Thus, we can see the evolution of density
estimation running from year to year.

I wanted to insert a map in the background in order to situate this
analysis. It only concern one part of France so i tried to clip the map in
order to match with the window of the KDE...but it doesn't work.

Do you know how i can have a fixed map and add a KDE animated on it ?

Did you try to use the xlim= and ylim= arguments to your plotting commands as I suggested? You do not need the clipped polygons for analysis, so this route should work.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: roger.biv...@nhh.no