Alberto,

On Feb 11, 2006, at 9:34 AM, Alberto Santini wrote:

> I'm using R 2.2.1 from Emacs and ESS.
> It works fine, but when I try to plot something, nothing happens; I
> see again the R prompt and a file .ps is created in the working
> directory.

This is the expected behavior - you are not using X11, so the default
device is the PostScript device.

> Of course in R-GUI plot is ok.
>
> I don't use X11. I use Aqua plot.

What is "Aqua plot"? I fear you don't have much of a choice - if I
recall correctly X11 is the only stock interactive device that works
in ESS. Jan de Leeuw posed some hints as of how you can try patch R
to get Quartz to respond in some circumstances, but I don't know if
that works with your Emacs (there are many variations of Emacs for OS
X) - you may want to have a look at the archives.

Cheers,
Simon