On Jun 29, 2006, at 8:54 AM, Terry A. Cox wrote:

> I have just upgraded OS X from Panther to Tiger 10.4.7, and R
> from   2.2.1 to 2.3.1. I installed several packages (at system
> level), but gmp will not load:

Please make sure you installed the latest gmp properly. I cannot
reproduce the problem on my machine (G5 with 10.4.6). If the error
still persists, please send us more details about your setup. Also it
is often helpful to test it from the command line, starting R with
  DYLD_PRINT_LIBRARIES=1 R
to verify that the correct libraries are loaded. It should show:

 > library(gmp)
dyld: loaded: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/gmp/
libs/ppc/gmp.so
dyld: loaded: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.3/Resources/
lib/libstdc++.6.dylib, cpu-sub-type: 0

Attaching package: 'gmp'

Cheers,
Simon