Hi,

Check out these recent threads:

TextWrangler:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2008-November/005534.html

Smultron:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2008-December/005691.html

-steve

Hi,

Thanks a lot - apparently I did not search well in the archive. I will just post a recap here for BBEdit in case some people want to do it as well:

*Open Script Editor (located in Applications/AppleScript)
*File-> new script
*Paste this (modified from Jean Thioulouse code for TextWrangler on this list):

tell application "BBEdit"
        set the_selection to (selection of front window as string)
        if (the_selection) is "" then
set the_selection to line (get startLine of selection) of front window as string
        end if
end tell
tell application "R"
        cmd the_selection
end tell

Save this script into this directory
~/Library/Application Support/BBedit/Scripts/

In BBEdit go to the menu Windows -> Palettes->Scripts
Your script should be visible there, and you can set a key to run it.

Thanks again

Guillaume