On Dec 5, 2009, at 18:48, David Winsemius <dwinsem...@comcast.net> wrote:

On Dec 5, 2009, at 5:51 PM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

On 05/12/2009 5:00 PM, soeren.vo...@eawag.ch wrote:
Dear R.app developers
Would be a nice feature if one could change the default help browser to an external application, e.g. Safari or Firefox.

I'm not sure this is an improvement, but it's easy to do:

Thank you, Duncan. I think it could be an improvement on my system because the R Rd browser fails to link to follow external URL's in the most recent MacOS incarnation. You can copy and paste to a browser, but you get failure and sometimes you get freezes.

We would appreciate if you could report that, otherwise it cannot be fixed.

Thanks,
Simon

Sent from my iPhone

1. Create your own "print.help_files_with_topic" function, copied from the private one in utils:

print.help_files_with_topic <- utils:::print.help_files_with_topic

2. Edit it so it doesn't replace the browser when .Platform$GUI == "AQUA" && type == "html".

That's it --- now it will respect your choice of getOption ("browser").

Works for me. Thanks for the advice.

Duncan Murdoch

--
David Winsemius, MD