On Oct 20, 2010, at 5:55 PM, Steven McKinney wrote:

> Hi Mac Gurus,
>
> I have been searching the web trying to find out how to determine if my Mac
> is "Nehalem-based".  I have not been able to find any discussion about how to
> determine this, beyond something such as "Macs built in early 2009" or
> similarly vague statements.

It's not vague at all, it's MacPro4,1 and MacPro5,1 models (you can use use
"sysctl hw.model" to find out what you have). If in doubt, check on Wikipedia ;)

The latter uses the Nehalem architecture but I don't have a specimen of those
so I can't confirm that the bug still holds true for those.

Cheers,
Simon