weirdly my R stopped working altogether

R version 2.12.0 (2010-10-15)
Copyright (C) 2010 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
Platform: i386-apple-darwin9.8.0/i386 (32-bit)

dyld: lazy symbol binding failed: Symbol not found: _iconv_open
  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/lib/i386/libR.dylib
  Expected in: /sw/lib/libiconv.2.dylib

dyld: Symbol not found: _iconv_open
  Referenced from:
/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/lib/i386/libR.dylib
  Expected in: /sw/lib/libiconv.2.dylib

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 5:41 PM, Steve Lianoglou <
mailinglist.honey...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 6:09 PM, steven mosher <mosherste...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I recently started getting what I can best describe as a memory "race"
> > condition in my R
> <snip>
> > Running R from the terminal  R --vanilla did not exhibit these issues.
>
> Maybe you have some "ghost" data file that are being loaded on R startup?
>
> Look to see if there is a file named ".RData" in your home directory.
>
> What do you see when you run this command from the terminal?
>
> $ ls -ald ~/.R*
>
> If you see an .RData file there, either delete it, or rename it to
> something else since R will try to load this file if it finds it there
> (unless you start R with --vanilla, or --no-restore-data)
>
> -steve
>
> --
> Steve Lianoglou
>  | Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
>  | Weill Medical College of Cornell University
> Contact Info:
> http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos/contact<http://cbio.mskcc.org/%7Elianos/contact>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]