Le 09.09.2008 16:13, Brian O'Meara a écrit :
You could look at OUCH, which implements Ornstein-Uhlenbeck models (Hansen, 1997; Butler & King, 2004), to compare the fit of OU models vs a single rate Brownian motion model as another way of testing for non-Brownian evolution.

I cowrote a paper (O'Meara et al., 2006) that develops tests comparing single rate and multiple rate Brownian motion models (the latter a rejection of the basic BM model) -- there's now an implementation of the most basic test (censored two-rate) in the R package TreEvo, available from R-forge, not CRAN. It works, but I haven't written documentation yet, and it depends on phylobase (also R-forge, not CRAN).

For the node height test, ape's pic function can generate contrasts. If you can figure out the node order in which it returns them, you could then compare the pics vs. the node heights that way. There may be other packages that do this, too.

branching.times() will return the node heights in the same order than the contrasts returned by pic().

EP

Best,
Brian