Shota Nakamura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit :
Thank you very much for your prompt response.
Actually, I've already tried a radial plot.
The tree I want to make is like radial plot as tournament format.
I hope this reply makes sense.

Not to me. Can you send a picture with this format?

EP

Sorry for poor explanation.

Shota

Dear all,

I would like to make a circle plot by the ape package.

I tried to make it by the command "plot.phylo(bigtree, use.edge.length =
FALSE, type = fan)".
But big tree make it hard to see.

Indeed, if I do this:

tr <- rtree(1000)
plot(tr, "f", FALSE)

I have a nice artistic picture, but not a readable tree.

Have you tried type = "radial", or plot(tr, "r")? Alternatively, type="f" with the default use.edge.length = TRUE and show.tip.label = FALSE shows more clearly the tree topology.

The image I want is like circle plot (topology only) of MEGA4.
And keeping complete circle is needed.

I don't know what MEGA does, but this seems to be close to type = "radial".

HTH

EP

Does anyone have a good idea (edit function or source) for making it?
Please give me your advise.
Thanks,

Shota Nakamura
Genome Information Research Center, Osaka University