Hi Damien & Scott,

I don't know the formula of Icong or MAST, but I'd like to remind you the function prop.part() that finds all the clades in a set of trees and returns the compositions and frequencies, eg:

a <- rtree(4)
b <- rtree(4)
prop.part(c(a, b))
1: t2
2: t1
3: t3
4: t4

==> 2 time(s):[1] 1 2 3 4
==> 1 time(s):[1] 2 3 4
==> 2 time(s):[1] 2 3
==> 1 time(s):[1] 1 2 3

This requires the trees to have the same tip labels. It is used in ape by boot.phylo(), and calls a C code. It doesn't seem to be used by other developers though it is certainly efficient and may help in many applications.

Emmanuel