Dear list,

The simulation of OU processes using rTraitCont seems to return
erroneous results for non-small values of alpha:

Consider this example:

require(geiger)
require(TreeSim)
tree <- sim.bd.taxa(100,1,1,0)[[1]]

x <- rTraitCont(tree, model="OU", sigma=1, alpha=10, theta=0, root.value=0)
mean(x)
[1] -24.13565

The mean should near theta=0.  Smaller values of alpha don't have this
problem.
 x <- rTraitCont(tree, model="OU", sigma=1, alpha=3, theta=0, root.value=0)
> mean(x)
[1] 0.01494487

I don't seem to receive any warnings about this.  Moreover, it is not
clear why this should be an issue.  Performing simulations of the same
model on the same tree in ouch does not give this error.  Perhaps I've
missed something in my  call to rTraitCont?

Thanks for your time and advice!

Carl

--
Carl Boettiger