Rafael,

You should not used the transformation suggested on this wiki (it is a bit outdated, NPRS has been removed from ape). In most situations, you should just leave S=1.

chronopl() is not "broken", but maybe not as reliable than Sanderson's r8s, though I have seen examples where both programmes agree a lot. What is needed is someone who could spend a few days (full-time) on testing and improving chronopl in depth (which I cannot at the moment).

Cheers,

Emmanuel