Hi Tanja,list

Yes, everything is going extinct, but as you say, that shouldn't happen when
mu = 0.

sim.bd.age(age=2,numbsim=3,lambda=2,mu=0,frac,mrca=FALSE,complete=FALSE)
[[1]]
[1] 0

[[2]]
[1] 0

[[3]]
[1] 0

It's a rather malicious error in that, as you point out, it's a possible
outcome when mu=0, so at first it appears nothing is wrong, but it happens
every time that everything is extinct even for mu << lambda, or mu=0.

It's curious that this same problem effects both TreeSim and Geiger, and
that this problem appears isolated to certain architectures of computers.
My guess is that it may be related to 32 bit architecture and the way ape is
handling the tree, but really not sure how to debug this one.

-Carl

--
Carl Boettiger
UC Davis