Dear Roland,

it would be good if you add the datasets, that one can reproduce your
results (archotreeresolved, ages). I would guess from the error
message that your ages list may has the wrong format.
Also traceback() sometimes tells you where the error happens exactly.

Kind regards
Klaus

On 7/21/11, Roland Sookias <r.sook...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to assign lengths to branches in a tree using the Ruta et al.
> 2008 method via Graeme Lloyd's date.phylo() function (see
> http://www.graemetlloyd.com/methdpf.html). I keep coming up against an error
> for some reason. Graeme himself does exactly the same thing seemingly on his
> Mac (I'm using Windows 7, R 2.13.1, Ape 2.7-2 - Graeme has Ape 2.7-1) and it
> works. I've tried various permutations of the tree, with and without a
> rooted symbol [&r], and there are no special characters etc., the names in
> tree and ages list are the same. I still keep getting:
>
>  ttree<-date.phylo(archotreeresolved, ages, rlen=1, method="equal")
> Error in ages[tree$tip.label[find.descendants(nodes[i], tree)], 1] :
>   incorrect number of dimensions
>
> Any help, or advice what to try/look into much appreciated. Graeme thinks
> it's something with ape not date.phylo...
>
> Very best
>
> Roland

Klaus Schliep
Université Paris 6 (Pierre et Marie Curie)
9, Quai Saint-Bernard, 75005 Paris