Hi all,

What is the best way to convert an instantaneous transition rate (such as that
given by geiger's `fitDiscrete` method) into a measure of stability over time?

So, I have a set of traits with a small number of states. I want to fit these
onto a set of trees with branches proportional to substitutions. The
instantaneous transition rate for these traits give me the relative stability,
but I want to be able to quantify this over time e.g. what proportion of signal
is remaining after time t? how could I represent this as a decay curve of
signal over time?

Any ideas/hints would be much appreciated!

Simon