The issue of collinearity of independent variables is neither better nor worse
with PGLS as opposed to OLS.  Statistical significance per se of a correlation
between X variables is not really the issue.  How strong is the correlation?
Most sources suggest that it needs to be greater than 0.7-0.8 in magnitude to
cause serious problems.

Cheers,
Ted

Theodore Garland, Jr.
Professor
Department of Biology
University of California, Riverside
Riverside, CA 92521
Office Phone:  (951) 827-3524
Facsimile:  (951) 827-4286 = Dept. office (not confidential)
Email:  tgarl...@ucr.edu
http://www.biology.ucr.edu/people/faculty/Garland.html

Experimental Evolution: Concepts, Methods, and Applications of Selection
Experiments. 2009.
Edited by Theodore Garland, Jr. and Michael R. Rose
http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520261808
(PDFs of chapters are available from me or from the individual authors)