Dear John,

can you please be a bit more specific with your error message. It is
always good to have a reproducible example, e.g. adding a tree which
where drop.tip fails, and to run traceback() just after the error to
get more information where the error occurred. It is also useful to
add information of the version of ape and your operating system.

Regards,
Klaus

--
Klaus Schliep
Phylogenomics Lab at the University of Vigo, Spain