This is easy to do using Bayesian methods. See:

http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1471-2148-12-102.pdf

Cheers,

Simon.

On 14/03/13 22:25, Ferguson-Gow, Henry wrote:
Hi

I used the method of Kuhn et al (2011) to resolve polytomies in my tree leaving
me with a posterior of thousands of trees. I was wondering how I would go about
using PGLS on a sample of these trees so that the uncertainty in the resolution
of the polytomies is incorporated into my analysis (i.e. some kind of combined
coefficients and confidence intervals taken from multiple PGLS tests). This
seems preferable to using either a tree summarised from the posterior or the
initial tree complete with polytomies/arbitrarily resolved polytomies.

Thanks

Henry

Simon Blomberg, BSc (Hons), PhD, MAppStat, AStat.
Lecturer and Consultant Statistician
School of Biological Sciences
The University of Queensland
St. Lucia Queensland 4072
Australia
T: +61 7 3365 2506
email: S.Blomberg1_at_uq.edu.au
http://www.evolutionarystatistics.org

Policies:
1.  I will NOT analyse your data for you.
2.  Your deadline is your problem.

Statistics is the grammar of science - Karl Pearson.