Dear Augusto,

below are some comments about plot.phyo.

Tchau
Klaus

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 10:35 PM, Augusto Ribas <ribas....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to combine 2 plots, a phylogeny and a network.
> but i'm having a little problems.
>
> i have two question about the phylogeny plot and one about igraph, but
> about igraph i'll look for help on the package forum too, so no worries,
> but in case someone know igraph, the question is here too.
> The code for the figures i refer are in the end of the message.
>

> About plot.phylo.
>
> Question 01.
> Look at figure 1, the tree are plotted and every tip have their coordinates
> in X and Y axis, i would like to know how to extract them, for example, tip
> 1 end at x=4 and y=1, tip 2 end at x=4, y=2, are there a way to easy
> extract that directly, to use for others purposes, like add others things
> to the plot?

This is probably all you need:
set.seed(15)
tree = rtree(5)
plotdata <- plot(tree,show.tip.label=F,use.edge.length = F,edge.width = 2)
plotinfo <- get("last_plot.phylo", envir = .PlotPhyloEnv)
plotdata
plotinfo
points(plotinfo$xx, plotinfo$yy)
nodelabels()
tiplabels()

> Question 02
> How do i control the x limits, for example, figure 1, the tree, i would
> like the x axis to begin in 0 and end in 15 for example, The tree occupy
> the 0 to 4 length in x axis, i would like to have empty space to put things
> (particularly a network with my parameters), so i just want some more space
> in the figure, i don't know how to control it or if i'm allowed to do so
> for this function.
>
> I tryed to use xlim=c(0,15)
>
> > plot(rtree(5),show.tip.label=F,use.edge.length = F,edge.width =
> 2,xlim=c(0,15))
> Erro em plot.default(0, type = "n", xlim = x.lim, ylim = y.lim, xlab = "",
>  :
>   argumento formal "xlim" corresponde a mĂșltiplos argumentos especificados
>
> The argument for plot.phylo is called x.lim not xlim, reading  the manual
sometimes helps ;) So this works:

--
Klaus Schliep
Phylogenomics Lab at the University of Vigo, Spain