Dear John and list,

I have tried to use your tutorial, but without success. I am getting the
following error:

ld: library not found for -lquadmath
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
invocation)
make: *** [diversitree.so] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘diversitree’
* removing
‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/3.1/Resources/library/diversitree’

I am not sure if it has any relation to the error, but after installing for
the first time, when I try to run

brew install gsl gcc fftw

to check if the installation is there, I get the following error

Warning: gsl-1.16 already installed, it's just not linked
Warning: gcc-4.8.3 already installed, it's just not linked
Warning: fftw-3.3.4 already installed, it's just not linked

Also, when I run

gfortran --version

I get

GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.8.2

I am having a really hard time installing diversitree on Mavericks. I hope
there is a workaround or anything like that.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thank you all very much in advance for any help.

Regards,

Gustavo Burin Ferreira, Msc.
Instituto de Biociências
Universidade de São Paulo