Hello there.

I need to construct an ultrametric phylogenetic tree from a NEXUS file for run a different program afterwards.

I have tried to run the 'chronopl' command:

tree.ultra <- chronopl(tree, 0, age.min = 1, age.max = NULL,node = "root", S = 1, tol = 1e-8,CV = FALSE, eval.max = 500, iter.max = 500)

but I get the following error:

Error in nlminb(c(ini.rate, ini.time[unknown.ages]), function(p) minusploglik(p[EDGES], :
  NA/NaN gradient evaluation

As this 'chronopl' command is now replaced by 'chronos' I have tried to change the parameters to do something similar to the chronopl command line:

tree.ultra <- chronos(tree, lambda = 1, model = "correlated", quiet = FALSE, calibration = makeChronosCalib(tree, node = "root", age.min = 1, age.max = NULL, interactive = FALSE, soft.bounds = FALSE), control = chronos.control(tol = 1e-8, iter.max = 500, eval.max = 500))

but with these commands I get the following message:

Error in data.frame(node, age.min, age.max, soft.bounds = soft.bounds) :
  arguments imply differing number of rows: 1, 0

I also have tried to do this in a simpler way:

tree.ultra <- chronos(tree, lambda = 1, model = "correlated")

But I get this message also:

Setting initial dates...
Fitting in progress... get a first set of estimates
Error en nlminb(start.para, f, g, control = opt.ctrl, lower = LOW, upper = UP) :
  NA/NaN gradient evaluation

Could anyone help me with this problem??
Is anything done in a wrong way?

Thanks a lot

MA