Dear Jorge,

For simplicity, I'd start with these two papers, both available on my webpage:

Purvis, A., and T. Garland, Jr. 1993. Polytomies in comparative analyses of
continuous characters. Systematic Biology 42:569–575.

Theodore Garland, Jr., Paul H. Harvey, and Anthony R. Ives. 1992. Procedures
for the analysis of comparative data using phylogenetically independent
contrasts. Systematic Biology 41:18–32.

Cheers,
Ted

Theodore Garland, Jr., Professor
Department of Biology
University of California, Riverside
Riverside, CA 92521
Office Phone:  (951) 827-3524
Facsimile:  (951) 827-4286 (not confidential)
Email:  tgarl...@ucr.edu
http://www.biology.ucr.edu/people/faculty/Garland.html
http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=iSSbrhwAAAAJ

Director, UCR Institute for the Development of Educational Applications

Editor in Chief, Physiological and Biochemical Zoology

Fail Lab: Episode One
http://testtube.com/faillab/zoochosis-episode-one-evolution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0msBWyTzU0