Dear Joe,

thank you for your answer! Actually, I used to make large size pdfs with a
tiny font size in these cases. It is then even possible to print this
single-page-pdf on multiple pages in Acrobat Reader. The problem was that
my current tree is really huge - with about 23000 tips. This took me to the
limits of this approach, since pdf size is limited to 200 inch by Adobe and
there also seems to be a lower limit for font size in pdfs (at least during
export form R?).

I didn't knew that Drawtree is able to split the tree over multiple pages.
I guess this is an option in the command line version? I will check that
out. In the mean time I found a way to do the job in R (see my post before)
that seems to produce reasonable results.

Thank you very much again for your efforts!

Regards,
Jonas

--
Jonas Eberle