Hi Solomon,

It’s because neither of the things you are estimating are Blomberg’s K and both
are different from one another. In Caper, you are estimating Pagel’s Kappa (a
branch length transformation that attempts to explain evolutionary change as
punctuational [<1] vs gradual [=1] ), while in ape you are estimating
Blomberg’s gamma (a transformation known as ACDC, similar to the early burst
model, that is associated with accelerating [<1] or decelerating [>1] change).

Graham