Hi Martin.

Turns out the tip labels in your tree were not being plotted in the order of tree$tip.label. To fix, I used the following hack:

tree<-read.tree(text=write.tree(tree))

& then the code as before. I have attached the result which seems to be correct.

Hopefully this resolves the issue.

All the best, Liam

Liam J. Revell, Assistant Professor of Biology
University of Massachusetts Boston
web: http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/
email: liam.rev...@umb.edu
blog: http://blog.phytools.org