Hello,

I am trying to understand two things about a trait-
a. the likely process of how a trait is evolving (constant rate/constrained/accelerating rate), and
b. which explanatory factors are associated with the trait, via PGLS

What I think I know so far-
1. that something aberrant happens with the trait on a few clades, for which a multi-optima OU model provides better fit (with good biological justification) 2. I have a hunch about the process in the rest of the clades say, evolution with accelerating rate

My question is- can I remove the aberrant clades after fitting a multi-OU model and perform a PGLS for the rest of the clades? Is it using the data twice and over-fitting?

Saurabh

--
Saurabh Mahajan
Research Scholar/Graduate Student