I would say no: standard errors of theta values do not have a biological
interpretation, in my opinion.
Going back to a sample from a single population and its mean: the standard
deviation of the sample has a biological interpretation (e.g within-population
variation), but the standard error does not. It has a statistical
interpretation: about estimate uncertainty. Similarly with the OU model: the
standard errors of theta estimates are also about uncertainty in these
estimates. Even in the best case scenario when the model that you are using is
correct, these standard errors would be affected by your sample size (i.e. go
down with the number of tips in your tree), whereas a biological interpretation
like plasticity should not be affected by the sample size.

On top of all this, a mismatch between the evolution process and the assumed OU
model would affect the theta estimates and their standard errors.

The new version of phylolm (on github, not on CRAN) has bootstrap-based
standard errors, if you wanted to follow-up on Brian’s idea. It also has the
possibility to add measurement error in the model when analyzing data
Cécile