Dear R-sig-phylo,

I want to plot the diversification rate through time and confident intervals
obtained by BAMM for certain lineages in my tree associated with a particular
character state. To do this, I already have the list of nodes in the tree
associated with this character of interest.

In theory, the function “plotRateThroughTime” in BAMM allows to do this, by
including or excluding the nodes on the tree that we want to plot. But the
problem comes when the taxa you want to plot is not monophyletic, because the
function does not allow including and excluding nodes at the same time. Is
there any way to specify that I want to plot the rates for a certain node, but
not for all of its descendant nodes?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I missed anything obvious here

Andrea

Andrea S. Meseguer PhD.
Real Jardín Botánico de Madrid (CSIC)