Dear Ivan.

phytools::fitMk does not do ancestral state reconstruction. What
function did you use to obtain the estimates at internal nodes?

If you want to constrain the states at particular nodes during ancestral
state reconstruction this can be done in a fairly straightforward way.
Here is a demo that I posted to my blog some years ago:
http://blog.phytools.org/2014/06/constraining-internal-node-values-using.html.
The demo is for stochastic mapping using make.simmap but it would work
in a similar way using ape::ace or other methods, and can also be used
for simple model fitting with fitMk or geiger::fitDiscrete.

All the best, Liam

Liam J. Revell
Associate Professor, University of Massachusetts Boston
Profesor Asistente, Universidad Católica de la Ssma Concepción
web: http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/, http://www.phytools.org

Academic Director UMass Boston Chile Abroad (starting 2019):
https://www.umb.edu/academics/caps/international/biology_chile