Hi,

I am starting to dive into phylogenetic analyses and I 'm encountering some
difficulties in how to proceed with my data.
I have a data file containing all the taxa labels (in one column), followed
by a numeric value for each taxon (separated by one tabulation, in another
column). This file is an external data set that brings one type of
information for each taxon (tips labels) of my phylogenetic analysis. I
have previously constructed a phylogenetic tree with all the same taxa
sequences.
With my tree mapped with my external data set (by using iTOL), I noticed
that when I get closer to some specific taxa, there is a correlation or a
trend, at least, with the external data.

I want to test the significance of this trend/correlation between pairwise
genetic distances to some predefined taxa (events) and my external data
(continuous/numeric values).
I think that "phylosignal" package in R could help for this kind of
analysis. If so, how I have to proceed with my data (tree file in Newick
format, external data set in a table format)?
Is there other software or package which can help me for this?

Best regards,

Gabriel