Dear all,
I would like to ask for a little help from you.

I wish to estimate the posterior probability that two ancestral nodes take
particular states, given the observations of discrete trait at the tips of a
tree. I was wondering if using a SCM approach described below would work.

If so, I think this can be easily done using make.simmap from phytools where I
would like to assign an equal prior on the root to all states.
Does the above make sense? Any insights are highly appreciated!
 Fellow, Haiwei Luo Lab
Room 103A, F. S. Li Marine Science Laboratory, The Chinese University of Hong
KongShatin, New Territories, Hong Kong