Dear Felipe.

It's possible that .eps doesn't support transparency. Have you tried
plotting to a different device, e.g., .pdf or .png? Alternatively, you
could undo the transparency by changing /make.transparent("blue",0.1)/
for just /"blue"/.

All the best, Liam

Liam J. Revell
Professor of Biology, University of Massachusetts Boston
Web: http://faculty.umb.edu/liam.revell/
Book: Phylogenetic Comparative Methods in R
<https://press.princeton.edu/books/phylogenetic-comparative-methods-in-r>
(/Princeton University Press/, 2022)