Hi Jon,
There are now comparative methods that can use admixture graphs (or
phylogenetic networks), beyond trees.
See this tutorial:
https://cecileane.github.io/networkPCM-workshop/topic-overview.html
or the software documentation section on comparative methods:
http://crsl4.github.io/PhyloNetworks.jl/latest/man/trait_tree/

Here are papers that used these methods (among others):
Pavón-Vázquez,  Brennan & Keogh (2021)https://doi.org/10.1093/sysbio/syaa102
Rurik et al. (2024) https://doi.org/10.1111/tpj.16630

Cécile

---