Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 16:15:58 +0000
From: BRET R LARGET <bret.lar...@wisc.edu>
To: Manuel Sp?nola <mspinol...@gmail.com>, "r-sig-teaching@r-project.org"
        <r-sig-teaching@r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [R-sig-teaching]  Making teaching material, html, pdf or
        powerpoint

I usually make HTML and post the notes and use the notes for lecture
presentation. I scroll through the HTML rather than show static slides. HTML is
better now than it used to be to show mathematical notation well. I used to use
PDF. It is easier for students to knit a document into HTML than into PDF
(because the latter requires installing LaTeX), so this is what I ask them to
do.

-Bret