On Tuesday 21 October 2008 08:32:12 Abdulaziz Ghuloum wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2008, at 11:04 AM, Ken Dickey wrote:
> > No.  Actually, I'd like a holds-for-all which returns #f as the
> > base case.
>
> You can push it down, but you can't escape making these
> exceptions.

The law of the excluded third has a number of possible outcomes:
  #t #f not-applicable undecided unknown outcome

undecided is sometimes divided into undecidable, here are a list of conditions
which would make the preposition decidable, ..

I am not saying that there is no check for existence of elements.  I am saying
that there is no relation holding between elements when there are no
elements.

Cheers,
-KenD

"In theory, theory and practice are the same, but in practice they differ."
Engineer's axiom