Dear Racket Community,

For the past few weeks, we've been studying the performance costs of Typed
Racket. Our procedure is essentially:

1. Find an interesting Racket project
2. Configure the project to run all combinations of typed and untyped
modules
3. Experiment with the results

Friday's discussion [1] pointed out at least two cases where Typed Racket
has unreasonable performance costs (thanks Neil & Michael!). Today, we ask
for more stories and code like these. We don't yet have conclusions for our
study, but it'd be great to open discussion with the community.

If you have a Racket project where adding typed significantly altered the
performance, please let us know!

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/racket-users@googlegroups.com/msg26849.html