At Mon, 11 May 2015 13:22:31 -0700, Alexis King wrote:
> I’ve gotten my curly-fn meta-language
> <https://github.com/lexi-lambda/racket-curly-fn> working, and it works great
> within a module. However, evaluating #{+ 2} within the REPL just evaluates as
> plain old vector, ignoring my readtable extension.

A readtable extension through an supplied `read` or `read-syntax` is
used only for a module, not for a REPL or otherwise at run time.

> What gives? Using @-expression syntax in the REPL works just fine when using
> the at-exp meta-language, which seems pretty similar to my approach.

The `at-exp` meta-language includes specific configuration for that
effect: The `at-exp` reader installs a 'module-language property on a
read module. The property value installs an answer for
'configure-runtime as the module's "language info". That answer causes
the `configure` function from `at-exp/language/runtime-config` to
called when the module is run (or, more precisely, just before the
module is instantiated). The `configure` function sets the current
readtable to support @-notation. The REPL uses the current readtable
after the module is run.