On Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 5:36:23 PM UTC-7, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> Here are the results of a package build using the v6.2 release
> candidate:
>
>  http://release-pkg-build.racket-lang.org.s3-website-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/
>
> Compare to v6.1.1:
>
>  http://pkg-build.racket-lang.org/
>

> For the v6.2 candidate, there are lots of dependency failures related
> to documentation, and the problem is usually a missing dependency on
> "racket-doc". The new failures are a result improvements to the
> documentation dependency checker, not changes in the dependencies. (In
> other words, a dependency declaration was missing before, but it wasn't
> reported.) The 49 newly identified packages with dependency problems
> are listed below.
>

> Otherwise, two packages newly fail to install:
>
>  bloggy --- an expected failure due to clean-up of an undocumented
>             module
>
>  munger --- looks like a bug in the release candidate, and we're
>             investigating
>

> One package appears to have a new test failure:
>
>  doc-coverage --- just needs test adjustments?

> Packages that have new dependency failures, almost always for
> "racket-doc":
>
>  avl
>  binary-class
>  binary-class-mp3
>  check-sexp-equal
>  describe
>  dm
>  dropbox
>  ebml
>  fast-convert
>  finalizer
>  fme
>  gir
>  grip
>  heresy
>  hyphenate
>  icfp-2014-contracts-talk
>  identikon
>  levenshtein
>  libscrypt
>  libtoxcore-racket
>  libuuid
>  marketplace
>  mboxrd-read
>  midi-readwrite
>  minikanren
>  misc1
>  mischief-dev
>  multipath-daemon
>  nlopt
>  osc
>  pollen
>  racket-eventfd
>  racket-lang-org
>  racquel
>  rsvg
>  rtmidi
>  set
>  sfont
>  squicky
>  sugar
>  systemd
>  tandem
>  tasks
>  txexpr
>  typed-big-bang
>  unicode-properties
>  xexpr-path
>  yotsubAPI
> [...]

doc-coverage is most likely failing because either 1) a new undocumented export
was added to racket/base, racket/list, racket/match, or racket/syntax (I forget
the exact ones it tests) or 2) an old undocumented export was removed from one
of those collections. Testing doc-coverage by relying on the exports of racket
collections instead of a specific testing module was probably a bad idea.