The official DrRacket build for Debian installs and runs easily on SteamOS beta:

    http://www.neilvandyke.org/temporary/steamos-drracket-gears.png

There is an appeal to being able to develop OpenGL or GTK programs directly on your living room media/gaming appliance, in DrRacket. Valve is being much-much friendlier to random little programmers than a PS4 or Xbox One would be.

(I haven't tried the Steam-specific libraries and tools. And I don't know how successful SteamOS will be commercially.)

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SteamOS
    http://store.steampowered.com/steamos/buildyourown

Neil V.