I’m patching up old test cases for sxml that haven’t been run recently.  Here’s
one:

(check-equal? (sxml->html '(p (@ (align "center") (atr "<value>"))
                                      "bad chars:" (em "<>&\"")))
                      "<p align=\"center\" atr=\"&lt;value&gt;\">bad chars:

This test case suggests that attributes like “<value>” should be serialized in
html using entity encodings. However, the implementation doesn’t actually do
this. Can someone with experience and background tell me which is more likely
to be the desired behavior of the sxml package?

John