Remove the ().

The construct syntax-case needs the () which in general can be a list of
identifiers,
but most often an empty list, (), is used. Any identifiers in the list are
treated
by syntax-case as a literal.

The construct syntax-parse does not use a list of identifiers. It uses an
alternative
way of specifying literal identifiers.

/Jens Axel

> Thanks Andrew ... I got past that error. I now get an error below -
> " syntax-parse: expected clause in: ()"
>
> (define-syntax (define-primitive stx)
>   (syntax-parse stx () ; ERROR
>     [(_ (primitive-name:id arg:id ...) body ...+)
>      #:with table-name
>             (format-id #'primitive-name "~a-property-table"
> #'primitive-name)
>      #'(begin
>         (define table-name (hash 'is-prime #t
>         'arg-count (length '(arg ...))
>         'emitter (lambda (arg ...) body ...))))
>
>         (define-primitive-application-syntax (primitive-name arg ...))]))
>
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 8:21 AM, Andrew Kent <sgt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The '...' that is causing the error is a '...' at the level of the
>> _initial/outer_ macro (define-primitive-application-syntax), and so your
>> final use of '...' is trying to splice a parameter of the _initial macro_
>> (define-primitive-application-syntax), but you are actually trying to
>> output a _literal_ '...' in the syntax you are generating because you want
>> it to be a part of the macro you are generating/defining via
>> define-primitive-application-syntax (i.e. primitive-name).
>>
>> TL;DR you want this instead I believe:
>>
>> …
>> (define-simple-macro (define-primitive-application-syntax
>> (primitive-name:id arg:id ...))
>>   (define-simple-macro (primitive-name arg-expr:expr (... ...))
>>     (list 'primitive-name arg-expr (... ...))))
>>
>> --

Jens Axel Søgaard